ImageVirgil Batesole first introduced Sara Stadtherr, fellow Rotarian. Sara’s job as tourism director at Alex Hotel & Hospitality is to entice people to vacation in the Alexandria area and enjoy hospitality in the heart of lakes country. About 19% of  our visitor’s dollar is spent on lodging and the other 81% on food, shopping, entertainment, etc. Virgil then introduced Kent Kopp, president of the Alexandria Area Hockey Association. AAHA is committed to providing a quality environment for youth hockey players to learn and enjoy the sport of hockey. Youth hockey, curling, figure skating, girls and boys high school hockey, Blizzard hockey in addition to all dryland events are shared at the Runesone Community Center facility.  Today there are approximately 300 skaters with the projection being 400 skaters in another five years. AAHA is  governed by a board of directors and their business manager handles the business side. Healthy programs are provided for everyone and the need is there for an additional facilty. The City of Alexandria would be making the final decision after cost studies, design, etc have been looked at. Another building would be a plus for the Alexandria area and the Alexandria Area Hockey Association.